Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Whole New World....

So after weeks (literally) of trying to determine what I want this blog to LOOK like, then taking a few days off because I was tired of messing with it, I am finally posting something. Not being sure who, if anyone, will actually want to read this, I find myself at a loss for what to write. I guess this really is more for my sanity than because anyone is DYING to know what I do every day. But hopefully the Lord will be able to use something shared here for a greater purpose.

Let me begin with the title. Certainly someone is wondering what that's all about. It is multi-faceted, so let me explain....no, there is too much, let me sum up. (anyone know what movie that is from?)

  • As many know, we have been praying about and considering full-time missions for several years now. Our field of choice is the U.K. The official flower of Scotland is the thistle and the official flower of England is the rose. There are many references to the thistle and the rose throughout the history of those two countries, most notably concerning the uniting of them under one monarch, a Tudor princess (fascinating family) named Margaret, sister to Henry VIII. I have a historical fiction called "The Thistle and the Rose" that still sits waiting to be read. There is also an Irish pub named as such, but I digress...
  • As believers, we are called out, called to be different. Maybe we should be the rose, but more often than not, we appear to be the thistle. Foreign, alien, strange to this world.
  • On a personal note, I'm a bit of a black sheep, or at least feel like one. One small example: My immediate family were all born in GA, home of the Cherokee Rose; I was not. I could go on about this topic, but it's not healthy, so just know that I have some experience in this area!!

If you are still reading, you are a true friend and I appreciate that my ranting doesn't fall on deaf ears. I will be praying for all of you who are joining me in this journey, however short or long it may be.

3 comments:

  1. We have a winner! Princess Bride it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading it! You can read mine (hasn't been updated since the baby was born) @www.babybrassea.com

    ReplyDelete